Some Reasons People Come To Us
- TMJ disorder (TMD) – Temporo-mandibular joint disorder, pain and dysfunction in the jaw joints.
- Clicking Jaws– Often due to Disc displacement in the joints.
- Headache (tension, migraine and neck induced)- one of the top reasons people seek Chiropractic care.
- Facial Pain– can be responsive to jaw and cranial therapy.
- Neck and Back Pain linked to cranial and jaw function- Often a close relationship between Jaw and Neck or spinal dysfunction.
- Sports Injuries resulting in jaw, head and facial pain- one of the traumatic causes of jaw and facial injury.
- Sinus pain that is non-responsive to medical treatment- not all face pain is sinus related. Sometimes due to dysfunction of facial sutural and muscular strain.
- Jaw Arthritis management- not about cure but better management.
- Tooth Grinding and sleep disordered breathing- often related to poor airway maintenance at night.
- Daytime jaw clenching– Can relate to stress and nervous system imbalance (sympathetic dominance).
- Trigeminal neuralgia– can be due to many causes. Sometimes related to cranial sutural, TMJ or brain based dysfunction.
- Pre-orthodontic assessment in co-operation with Dentists- holistic dentists and Jaw pain specialists often work in conjunction with Chiropractors and manual therapists.
- Pre-orthodontic treatment for orofacial muscle issues- sometimes orthodontic treatment is optimised by prior treatment of poor lip seal, poor tongue and jaw posture, mouth breathing and abnormal swallow patterns.
For information on Dr Mottram’s more general Chiropractic services please go to >>http://www.drrussellmottramchiro.com.au